Sunday, February 5, 2012

Two Months

Gotcha day
Dec. 5
Painting at home
 Feb. 5

It's been two months exactly.  

Only two months.  

It feels like two months...under water.  Seriously.  This has been the longest two months of my life.  And two and a half weeks of it were spent in China.  

In two months...
Her hair is a teensy bit longer.  
She hasn't gained any weight.  (Ends up she brought home some internal stowaways who had not been cleared by homeland security...ahem...)  
She continues to mostly speak Chinese.  
She still surprises me every morning by being here.  

It's all just so...recent.  

I actually had a total stranger say to me today, "Oh, she's transitioning so well!"  
I will assume this person had good intentions.  But I may have had the momentary thought of kicking her in the shin.  

This transition has gone about as well as a snowman on a Caribbean cruise.  Lots of meltdowns. 

These last two months as we've brought Josie home, God has re-taught us about what "home" really is.  And this isn't it.  To be comfortable, happy, have perfect children, live the "dream"...that's not what we're made for.  That's not what we're here for.  This is not our home!   

Try that.  Next time you're tempted to complain about life here, if you are a Christ-follower, say it out loud..."This is not our home!"  It really puts things into perspective.  For me, at least. 


1 comment:

  1. I like this reminder. This is not my home. This year is not supposed to be perfect or comfortable or anything like what I want it to be. God has his plan in all of my pain.

    ReplyDelete